I can't break it to my heart

If it's okay,
I will leave the bed light on. 
and place your water glass where it belongs.

And if it's alright, 
I will lie awake at night, 
pretending i am curled up at your side.

You see how I am circling in these patterns? 
how I am living, out of memories? 
I am still a long way from accepting it, 
that there's just no you and me.

Did I commit a crime? 
I won't believe that loving you was just a waste of time. 
or was it in my head,
that I am reading into things that you never said? 

Because I still don't have the answers, 
to why we couldn't work it out.
I want to think it's something that I did, 
so I can turn it back around. 

I want to convince myself, 
that we're perfect in every single way.
As long as I can keep the truth away, 
from my heart.

If I still believe that you love me, 
maybe I will survive. 
So I tell myself you're coming home, 
like you've done a million times.

And if it's alright, 
I will still be loving you. 
Because I can't.
I just can't break this to my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?