Franz Schubert - Trio No. 2 in E-flat major for piano, violin, and violoncello, D. 92

This beautiful piece, Trio No. 2 in E-flat major for piano, violin, and violoncello, D. 929 by Franz Schubert was composed for the engagement party of Schubert’s school-friend, Josef von Spaun.

I often wonder why I am immensely comfortable with D, I don’t want to use the word ‘love’ here because if I define love based on my definition of love which is to no longer have a hint of selfishness in it, no fear, no dependence, no jealousy nor possessiveness, then certainly what I am feeling towards D is not love.

Yet I know that I am immensely comfortable with him. Is it because at most I consider him as my best friend? A friend that causes me to be at ease, relaxed, secure, safe, unworried, contented. A friend that causes me to be happy? But why?
And then I understood that it is because of life.

It is because he has a deep interest in life, life as a whole, life as a continuity and because life is an ever changing process, so too will our discussions, our thoughts, and ultimately our relationship will be an ever changing process.

Our relationship is a movement, it is non-static, it is an evolution of life in itself. It is to grow wise together through accumulated shared experiences of sadness, anger, unfulfilled expectations and ultimately through shared happiness.

I do not hope for a better future, because the joys of the multitude is here in the present.
Revel in it I must.

This is why I metta you :p

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

I can't break it to my heart